contact legislators

contact the press

sign up

spread the word


report it

tell your story


local events

  action > report it

contact your local sheriff or police


Law enforcement is committed to enforcing laws and fighting cruelty, whether against humans or animals.

Sheriff offices and police departments throughout Minnesota vary in their knowledge of animal issues which is why many offices/departments coordinate efforts with humane agents from humane societies and shelters or with veterinarians.

If you see or suspect animal neglect cruelty or abuse, contact your local sheriff or police. (If the facility or incident is in the city, report it to the city police. If the facility or incident is not in the city limits, contact the sheriff department. Who is authorized to take action depends on the jurisdiction.)

File a complaint and check back with them regularly to assess progress of the complaint. This is key: Don't give up. Check back often to find the results of the investigation.

If you need help filing a complaint, contact Animal Folks:

For general contact names and numbers:


©2011 Animal Folks Minnesota - Home - Contact