contact legislators

contact the press

sign up

spread the word


report it

tell your story


local events

  action > spread the word

This is grassroots. Your help is needed. It requires deliberate action to change how people treat animals. Minnesotans have the opportunity to set an example.


What you can do to: Help fight animal cruelty in breeding facilities

1. Learn more.

Explore this website. Know the issue and understand why change is needed in regards to the breeding, buying and selling of dogs and cats.

2. Tell others.

Print and distribute materials in your community. Encourage others to adopt a dog or cat and save a life. Forward this website to others.

3. Report it.

It all starts with a complaint. If you see or suspect animal neglect or cruelty, report it to local law enforcement. To learn how, go to Report it

4. Write a letter to the Editor of your local newspaper.

Write a letter to the editor in your local newspaper .

5. Tell your story.

If you have purchased or rescued a dog or cat from a pet store, website or directly from a Minnesota breeder and this animal was unhealthy (physically or psychologically), please send us your story. We need your voice. These stories give proof that inhumane breeding is a problem that impacts animals and consumers.

6. Sign up.

Stay connected. Sign up for our emails. Get at least 10 friends, work colleagues or family members to sign up. Our strength is in numbers.


Please donate money to Animal Folks MN/Animal Folks to help support our research, advocacy and legislative (lobbying) efforts.


Want to do even more?

8. Get involved with your government.

LOCAL: Pay attention to what’s happening within your city and county governments — and with the State. City council and county commissions can pass local ordinance that impact how animals are treated in your community. Attend hearings and voice your opinion. Run for office.

FEDERAL: Contact your federal legislators and ask what they will do to improve the enforcement of the Animal Welfare Act and other federal laws pertaining to animals. To contact your Congressman or Congresswoman, call 1-202-224-3121. This is the Congressional switchboard in Washington D.C.; they will connect you with your U.S. Representative or U.S. Senator. (This is federal, not state.)


©2011 Animal Folks Minnesota - Home - Contact